Weddings are a time for family and friends to gather and celebrate your love and union. An elegant and unique way to include guests in your blessed event is to add a picture of a time they spent with you, along with a few words or captions in the guest book. When sending out wedding invitations ask each guest to bring their favorite photo of an event or time they spent you.
Guests will love having a special part in your wedding ceremony and your wedding guest book will be a reflection of joyous times spent with friends and family members.
To decorate the front of your wedding guest book use the Bowdabra to make an elegant bow with satin ribbon and floral picks.
1. Using glue dots attach a strand of satin ribbon around the front and back of the album or guest book. Glue the ribbon ends to the inside of the book.
2. To make the bow for the Wedding Album: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end. Cut a long piece of satin ribbon and dovetail the ends. Seal the ends of the ribbon with clear nail polish. Fold the ribbon in half to form a crease. Place the ribbon at the crease mark into the center of the Bowdabra.
3. Seal the end of another strand of ribbon with clear nail polish. Lay the ribbon into the Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop fold and press into the Bowdabra.Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have a total of four loops. Cut the ribbon from the spool.
4. Seal the end of sheer ribbon with clear nail polish. Lay the ribbon into the Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop fold and press into the Bowdabra.Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have a total of six loops. Cut the ribbon from the spool.
5. Place two floral picks on either side of the Bowdabra.
6. Seal the end of the satin ribbon with clear nail polish. Lay the ribbon into the Bowdabra.Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop fold and press into the Bowdabra. Make a loop another loop on the other side. Cut the ribbon from the spool, leaving about an inch. Scrunch ribbon down with the Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the BowdabraBow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
8. Seal the end of the ribbon with clear nail polish. Then using a glue dot fold and press the ribbon down covering the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Fluff bow.
9. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire tie the bow onto the ribbon, on the front of the album. Twist the Bowdabra Bow Wire around a pen for fun ringlets.
This real simple wedding guest book idea allows guests to easily add pictures and sign it during the reception and it is a wonderful family keepsake.
The ribbon we chose for the wedding guest book is from Bowdabra’s Ribbon, Crafts, and Things Store. The store offers a wide variety of ribbons; choose ribbon to match and coordinate with your wedding color scheme.