Our recycled scrap ribbon cuff received so much praise we wanted to design a recycled gift box that was just as cool and trendy as our ribbon cuff. The gift & gift box are perfect homemade presents to give to family member and friends for any special occasion!
To make a homemade gift box you will need:
- Washed and Cleaned Small Ice Cream Carton
- Tacky Glue
Add a bow to the top of the carton:
- Hair Bow Creator Pack
- Scrap Ribbon
1. To begin you will need an empty small ice cream carton that has been cleaned and dried. Start by wrapping yarn around the perimeter of an ice cream carton. Hold the yarn in place with tacky glue. Wrap yarn around the sides of the ice cream carton lid. Set the gift box aside to let the glue dry.
2. To make the bow on the top of the ice cream carton place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on the top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18? of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half, and place it into the Mini Bowdabra. Gather scrap pieces of ribbon and dovetail the ends. Seal the ends of each ribbon with clear nail polish to keep them from fraying. Begin to place the scrap ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra using the ruler to find the center point of the ribbon and keep the ribbon tails even on each side.
3. Continue to stack scrap ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. After you have placed several pieces of scrap ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
5. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction. Next, bring the Bowdabra Bow Wire back to the front of the bow and spiral the Bowdabra Bow Wire around a pencil to give it fun ringlets.
7. Using either tape, glue dots, or tacky glue attach the scrap ribbon bow to the top cover of your homemade gift box.
8. Place your scrap ribbon cuff into the homemade gift box for a perfect “Green” homemade gift & gift box set! For step-by-step instructions on how to make our Scrap Ribbon Cuff please visit our tutorial.
The Hair Bow Tool and Ruler easily fits over the Mini Bowdabra. Bowdabra Store sells the items individually or you can purchase the Hair Bow Creator Pack which comes with the Mini Bowdabra, Hair Bow Tool, & Ribbon.