Bowdabra designed a tutorial for making Firecracker Party Favors for your 4th of July festivities. We love this tutorial because it is unique, easy (even kids can help make them), and inexpensive. You can make 14 party favors for only $2.00!
First we visited our local Dollar Store. We love Dollar Store Crafts and are always inspired to find ways to create beautiful crafts uniquely and inexpensively! At the Dollar Store we purchased a box of 100 count chalk and 4th of July wire garland for a total of $2.00.
Then we gathered other materials we already had on hand.
1. Begin by taking seven pieces of chalk and holding them together with a small elastic.
2. Next, using hot glue attach three strands of ribbon around the chalk; at the top, middle, and bottom.
3. Cut strands of wire 4th of July Garland and place it into the top of the chalk bundle. When all the pieces of chalk come together there are tiny holes in the center that are formed. The wire garland fits perfectly inside of those holes.
4. Next, add a small bow to the center of the firecrackers. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler over the Mini Bowdabra. Next, cut a piece of 18? long Bowdabra Bow Wire fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Then cut and dovetailed a strand of ribbon 3? long, place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Create ribbon loops at the 1? mark by folding the ribbon back and forth in the Mini Bowdabra. Cut the ribbon from the spool leaving a small tail.
7. Scrunch the bow with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
8. To attach the bow to the firecracker thread the Bowdabra Bow Wire behind the middle ribbon. Then knot the bow in place. Fold over and glue the small little tail you left when making your bow to hid the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Spiral the Bowdabra Bow Wire around a pencil to create fun little ringlets.
9. Add bows to all of your firecracker party favors for a wonderful unique party gift.
10. Our firecrackers also make the perfect 4th of July Centerpiece! We wrote, “Let Freedom Ring” with chalk on blue cardstock and placed the firecrackers around it.
Bowdabra Contest Time! Win a mason jar filled with Bobbin Ribbon! Click on the picture below or the link here to enter our contest.