My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary in a couple of days. I wanted to make him a special card to say how much I love him. I am still working on a personal poem to place inside of the card but I designed the front using ribbon, cardstock, and adhesive gems.
Some Supplies Photographed Below
1. Begin by creating the card by stamping wedding and anniversary sayings. Layer the stamped cardstock onto a coordinating piece of cardstock. Attach a cardstock tag with a stamped, I Love You. Add adhesive gems to the tag with sheer ribbon running through the tag. Add the cardstock onto a heavy card.
2. Glue the tag with the ribbon running through it onto the card.
3. Attach 3/8? grosgrain ribbon loop onto the card. Add gems to the tails.
4. Create a bow for the card using the Mini Bowdabra. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (metric side) over the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire 18? long, fold it in half, and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. To create the bow dovetail the end of the grosgrain ribbon and seal it with clear nail polish. Place the tail at the 6cm mark.
6. Create your first loop at the 4cm mark.
7. Create another matching loop at the 4cm mark on the other side. Next, create two 3cm wide loops, and lastly two more 2cm loops.
8. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
9. Fluff the bow and glue it on top of the grosgrain ribbon loop.
10. Add a poem or saying to the inside of the handmade card.
The Hair Bow Tool and Ruler easily fits over the Mini Bowdabra. Bowdabra Ribbons Crafts & Things Store sells the items individually or you can purchase the Hair Bow Creator Pack which comes with the Mini Bowdabra, Hair Bow Tool, & Ribbon.