Create bouncy balls with ribbon streamers perfect for kids crafts, summer fun, birthday party games and favors, or a day of catch at the park, beach, or in the backyard. Kids can make their own streamer bouncy balls using a tennis ball, sheer ribbon, and the Bowdabra. Children can use the balls to play catch with one another, design their own game and rules, or they can even toss-it-up on their own and watch in delight as the ribbon streamers sail through the air.
Materials Needed for Bouncy Ball:
1. First begin by cutting 16 strands of assorted 7/8 sheer ribbon. Bowdabra’s Ribbons, Crafts, and Store has a huge selection of sheer ribbon. Choose your favorite colors to make your own bouncy ball streamers.
2. Next, place 24? of Bowdabra Bow Wire folded in half and placed into the Bowdabra. Fold the cut sheer ribbon in half to find the center point. Place ribbon at the center point into the Bowdabra. Place 15 strands of sheer ribbon into the Bowdabra at all angles. Keep one ribbon strand to the side to be used later.
3. Next, scrunch the ribbon down with the Bowdabra Wand. While the sheer ribbon is still in theBowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Gently pull the ribbon out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the ribbon and knot. Trim away the excess wire.
4. Place the tennis ball against the center of the ribbon (the cut Bowdabra Bow Wire side should be in the inside). Wrap the ribbon around the tennis ball. Using the excess Bowdabra Bow Wire fold the wire in half wrap it around the ribbon streamers tightly against the tennnis ball. Thread the two tails through the Bowdabra Bow Wire loop and pull. Bring the wire around and knot it. Use the last piece of sheer ribbon to cover the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Knot the sheer ribbon around the wire several times and leave the tails hanging.
5. Seal the sheer ribbon with clear nail polish to keep it from fraying or leave it as is. The bouncy ball with streamers is ready to be played with.
6. Below are pictures of the ball in action. My son loved throwing it up as high as he could!