Kids, especially little girls, will have so much fun making these clothes pin fairies! This is a wonderful craft for birthday parties, playgroups, or to rainy day summer boredom. These fairies are great for pretend play or even to be hung in a bedroom window or bedroom door knob for a decoration.
1. First begin by by sanding the clothespins to make sure there are not sharp edges or rough spots. Next, add several layers of white acrylic paint. Finish by adding paint to the bottom for boots and paint at the top for a shirt. Make sure each layer is dry before painting the next layer.
2. Create the tulle tutu – Begin by cutting a piece of 18″ Bowdabra Bow Wire and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Scrunch tulle into the Mini Bowdabra in an accordion style.
4. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
5. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
6. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot. Attach the tulle tutu to the clothespin. Knot the Bowdabra Bow Wire onto the back of the clothespin and then use the remaining wire as a hanger.
8. Create wings for the fairies using the Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler. Create 2.5″ wings at the top and 2″ wings at the bottom.
9. Attach the wings to fairies by tying the Bowdabra Bow Wire along the back. Bring the wire back to the front and knot it. Add little knots for hands and trim away excess wire. Add a little face to the fairy using markers.
10. Add tutus, wings, and faces to all the fairies.
12. Fairies can be hung in the window…..
…or play with them. Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire hanger to pretend they are flying and put on a play with the fairies.