I have seen many kids crafts recycling Capri Sun pouches. But, what about the boxes? By the end of the month of I have stacks of those nifty Capri Sun boxes why not recycle them into something fun like: Little Girl’s Fashion Purses! These fashion purses are perfect for birthday parties, playgroups, after-school programs, or some fun at home on a rainy afternoon.
Materials Needed to Make the 2 Purses Pictured:
1. Begin by recycling two Capri Sun boxes.
2. Parents: Cut the box 5? up from the bottom. Add a 2? x 2? flap in the back that will be used for closing the purse. Add a circle flap on one side of the box (the other circle should already be in place and part of the boxes packaging).
3. Add strips of duct tape on the front and back of the box. Add duct tape to the flap, as well. The duct tape adds extra support to the bottom of the box and adds stability. However, I did not duct tape the sides because it made the box too stiff and hard to close.
4. Attach grosgrain and bobbin ribbon strips along the bottom of the box. Use either glue dots, double-sided tape, or a hot glue gun to hold the ribbon in place. Add adhesive backed velcro to the purse flap. The velcro I used held really well to the duct tape. However, you can add hot glue to the back of the velcro to make sure it holds well over time.
5. Attach a ribbon handle to the purse by threading the 1.5? grosgrain through the circles on the side of the purse. Either knot the ribbon or glue the ribbon into place.
5. Attach handles to both purses.
7. Optional: Use some of the left-over ribbon to make hair bows to match the fancy fashion purses.
Using the Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler follow the Instructional CD to make a 4? Wide Basic Bow with a ribbon spray.
Attach both bows to a hair clip and add a finishing ribbon.