I am excited to share my tutorial with you today! With school starting, I am feeling the pressure to start making things. My children are in need of some new, cute clothes for school. With our finances, it does not leave a lot of room for shopping; I have been trying to make as much as I can. You can too and Bowdabra’s bow making craft tools can help you. I made a cute new outfit for my Miss priss (my nickname for my daughter), using my Mini Bowdabra, of course!
Supplies for Making a Glam T-shirt:
1. I applied my iron-on to my shirt (according to manufacture’s instructions) and than let it cool for a few minutes. Once that was done my shirt looked like this:
2. It was cute, but it didn’t have that WOW factor, which I so love! I busted out my Mini Bowdabra to help me make a tulle bow.
3. I cut out a few strips of black tulle. Each strip was about 4 inches long. I then used one piece of tulle as my middle string (Bowdabra Bow Wire would work, as well) on the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Next, I began criss-crossing pieces of tulle with your Mini Bowdabra.
5. I did this with about 4 strips of tulle. I then scrunched the bow down with my Mini Bowdabra Wand. Next, I took my middle strip (shown in the picture below) and knotted it around all the other strips.
6. I removed my tulle bow from the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Next, I placed it on the shirt and I attached it with my sewing machine.
8. I then trimmed the tulle short to create a pompom effect.
9. With the trimming finished and the bow attached, I am done. Now I have a fabulous shirt for my little one’s first day of school.
How about a matching hair bow to coordinate with her new glam t-shirt? I got out some pink ribbon and made a bow to match.
Materials Needed for Hair Bow:
1. I began by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Next, I cut a 18? piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and folded it in half and laid it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Next, I cut a ribbon spray with angle edges. I used clear nail polish to seal the edges. I creased the spray and placed it into the Mini Bowdabra. I used my Hair Bow Tool & Ruler to evenly place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Then using the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler Interactive CD I was able to make a large Boutique Style Bow.
4. Next, I scrunched the bow down with my
Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow was still in the Mini Bowdabra, I threaded the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. I pulled the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow was still in the Mini Bowdabra. I then gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. I then separated the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and brought them around to the back of the bow and knotted. I attached the bow to a hair clip and added a finishing ribbon. It was so simple and easy, plus doesn’t it look adorable in my little one’s hair?
Perfect, School worthy attire with a little bit of cuteness!
For more about the designer of this craft project……