Large statement rings are the newest trend. This week on our Bowdabra Blog we are designing women’s fashion tutorials. Today, learn how to create these sweet versatile flower statement rings using sheer ribbon. These easy to make handmade rings are perfect for travel, cocktail party, a girl’s night-out, or whenever you are looking to add a little excitement to your outfit!
1. Begin by purchasing rings with a small pad on top. The rings come in various price points, I purchased the inexpensive ones 10 for $2.39.
2. Next, using the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler as your guide begin to cut 7/8? wide sheer ribbon 4cm’s long. I cut 10 strands of a dark shade of sheer and 10 strands of a light shade of sheer.
3. Fold the ribbon in half the long way and at an angle cut the ribbon on each end to create a point. These are your flowers petals. Using either clear nail polish or a lighter lightly seal the ends. *The sheer will fray it is inevitable. However, by sealing it slightly you are minimizing the amount of fraying. A little fraying actually adds character to these flower rings.
4. Set the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (metric side) onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a piece of 18? Bowdabra Bow Wire fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Pinch the strands of ribbon in the center to create a crease. Place the ribbon into the center of the Mini Bowdabra. Use the ruler as your guide to place the strands in evenly.
6. Continue to stack the ribbon strands. I used several pieces of the same color individually stacked on top of together. I preferred the chunky look.
7. Scrunch down with your Mini Bowdabra Wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the side and knot. *Instead of bringing it around to the back bring it to the side and knot. This will give you a flat bow with a Bowdabra Bow Wire Center.*
11. Trim away excess wire and hot glue the flower to the small pad on the ring.
12. Using Darice’s Rhinestone Setter attach rhinestones to the Bowdabra Bow Wire to cover the wire and create a glam center. If you don’t
have the rhinestone setter you can hot glue rhinestones onto the bow, as well.
13. Use a variety of sheer ribbons from Bowdabra’s Ribbons Crafts & Thing Store to make several different colored rings.