Pamper your furry friend with these cute gingham loopy dog bows. Make loopy dog bows in minutes using our Bowdabra Bow Making Craft Tools & Morex Gingham Bobbin Ribbon. Groomers and dog owners, a like, will love to create loopy dog bows that attach easily to any style hair clip or latex rubber band. Using our Hair Bow Tool & Ruler design any size loopy bow perfect for both small breed dogs and large breeds.
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and lay it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Next, choose Morex Gingham Bobbin Ribbon colors from Bowdabra’s Store. I chose the Blue and White Gingham, the Hunter and White Gingham, and the Green and White Gingham. One bobbin makes one 3? wide bow with a total of 15 loops.
3. To make your loopy gingham bow place the end of the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. To make a 3? wide bow fold and form the loop at the 1.5? mark.
5. Fold a matching loop on the other side at the 1.5? mark.
6. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have 7 loops on each side. For a total of 14 loops. Your 15th loop will be your finishing loop. Leave the ribbon on the bobbin spool.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut the ribbon from the spool leaving a 4? tail.
10. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
11. Bring the wire back to the front. Tie the Bowdabra Bow Wire into a loop and fold the 4? tail over the loop and tie the wire.
12. Fold the little end of the loop over the Bowdabra Bow Wire to hide the wire. Use either hot glue or a small glue dot to hold it in place.
13. Bring the wire back around to the back and tie clip or latex rubber bands onto the loopy bow using the Bowdabra Bow Wire. For my long hair dachshund I like using small little alligator clips. However, for small breeds like Yorkies the little latex rubber bands may work better.
Small Alligator Clip Pictured Below:
Size D Latex Rubber Bands pictured below: