This week on our Bowdabra Blog we will be focusing on autumn craft tutorials that reuse materials: “Going Green” in Autumn. I love finding ways to recycle items or use resources from Mother Nature. Create a beautiful fall centerpiece using sticks and twigs that you find on a nature walk. Add splashes of color to the twigs with acrylic paints and walla an amazing “no cost” autumn centerpiece!
”¢Bowdabra ® Bow Wire
1. Begin by taking a nature walk around your home or local park. Gather a variety of sticks. Paint the sticks in a random manner with one or more paint colors. Let dry. Once dry add a heavy layer of clear coat to the sticks and twigs.
2. Fill a large recycled canning jar half way full of no-butter popcorn kernels. Wrap a piece of ribbon around the center, hold in place with Glue Dots or tape.
3. To make the bow for the centerpiece: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
4. Lay your ribbon into the Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop, fold the ribbon and press into the Bowdabra.
5. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have created as many loops as you desire.
6. Scrunch ribbon down with the Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
8. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
9. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
10. Fluff the bow and tie it to the ribbon that is around the canning jar. Place sticks inside of the canning jar.
Bowdabra is a proud sponsor of Crafters 4 Kids