Create a beautiful Thanksgiving Fall Pumpkin Votive. Use orange satin ribbon and the Mini Bowdabra to design a ribbon pumpkin easily. Showcase the ribbon pumpkin on the front of a glass votive holder. Make several ribbon pumpkins and glass votives for exquisite Thanksgiving Decor. Line the glass votives across a mantle or place them in windows. Place flame-less tealights inside of the glass holders for safe and easy Thanksgiving or Fall decorative pieces.
”¢Mini Bowdabra ®
”¢Bowdabra ® Bow Wire
”¢1.5? Satin Pumpkin Ribbon
”¢Brown Ribbon for Stem
1. Insert flameless tea light in glass votive.
2. To make your bow for the votive: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra.You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
3. Lay a few pieces of raffia into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Scrunch satin ribbon down into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Fold the ribbon down into an accordion shape. Cut away the extra ribbon.
6. Scrunch ribbon down with the Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
8. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
9. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the BowdabraBow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
10. Attach a small brown ribbon stem with a Glue Dot on the back of the pumpkin bow.
11. Fluff pumpkin bow by twisting the ribbon in opposite directions. Twist the excess Bowdabra Bow Wire in a spiral twist using either a pencil or dowel.
12. Attach pumpkin bow to the front of the glass votive with a Glue Dot.
Bowdabra is a proud sponsor of Crafters 4 Kids and this craft tutorial is also available on the C4K555.org site, as well.