Choose your child’s Thanksgiving outfit (or make it and match the fall theme bows the focal point) and design gorgeous bows to match it perfectly! Find the materials that match just right and start the fun. This boutique style bow was inspired by a some beautiful fall ribbon and the outfit was created to match the bows. The materials used were ribbon and raffia.
To make this bow you will need:
· Mini Bowdabra
· Hair Bow Tool and Ruler
· Bowdabra Bow Wire
· 2”œ Fall Decorative wire edge ribbon
· 1.5” Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon
· 3/8” Sheer Striped Ribbon
· 7/8” Inch Grosgrain for knot
· 3/8” Shiny Gold Ribbon for knot
· Alligator Clip (NOTE: For more active girls, you can use a clip that locks in place)
· Hot Glue
1. Start by finding the ribbon and raffia that match the outfit/ season perfectly.
2. Next, place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a piece of 18”³ Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Next, following the instructions on the Interactive CD, that comes with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler, make 2” wide boutique bow using 2”œ Fall Decorative wire edge ribbon. Dove Tail and Fray Check edges. Scrunch with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
4. Place desired amount of raffia into the Mini Bowdabra. Scrunch with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
5. Using 1.5” Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon, make a single loop 3” bow leaving tails. Dove tail and fray check tails. Scrunch with Mini Bowdabra Wand.
6. Next, using 3/8” Sheer Striped Ribbon, make a single loop 3” bow. Leave tails. Scrunch with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow and double knot. Trim off extra wire.
8. Trim tails of the striped ribbon.
9. Place 3/8” Shiny Gold Ribbon over 7/8” Inch Grosgrain ribbon. Tie a loose knot, keeping shiny gold ribbon on the outside. Set aside.
10. Prepare bow to have knot glued on by positioning ribbon exactly where you want it and hold it with one hand. With the other hand do a glue dab on the top and both sides of the bow. Place prepared knot over middle and side of bow and press. Then, trim one side of knot and glue to back of bow. Glue the other side to back of bow and trim extra ribbon and tulle.
11. Hold alligator clip open (to ensure clip not getting glue on the inside) and glue top of it. Then press to back of bow. (Please note: You can line the clip with ribbon, but I prefer not to. The clip stays in hair better without being lined and the clip does not show in this particular bow)
12. Your bow is ready to wear!
13. Make two for a pig tails look. These matching bows will help make her Thanksgiving outfit special!
Editor’s Notes: The Hair Bow Tool and Ruler fits over the Mini Bowdabra and allows you to measure your hair bow loops evenly. The ruler comes with an interactive Bow Making CD with step-by-step instructions on how to make 70 different hair bows.