Get your children involved this holiday season and have them create custom gift-wrap for you. Use materials you already have at your home to cut cost. I chose to use a piece of butcher paper; red acrylic paints, and puff pouncers to create a polka dot wrapping paper. I added the first initial to the person receiving the gift. You don’t have to do that but it always adds a nice personal touch! The sky is the limit with this project. Of course your gift is not complete without making a homemade spiky bow! This is an easy-to-construct bow that even the kids can help with!
Bowdabra Bow Wire
Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
3/8” wide of 5” strands (1 of each coordinating color)
red gross grain ribbon (1 strand)
1 piece of decorative fuzzy ribbon
Red Acrylic Paint
1. Wrap your gift with the butcher paper. Then carefully paint dots on to the paper. Let it dry completely before tying bow on the package.
2. While the gift wrap is drying begin by gathering all the materials you will need for this project.
3. Place Bowdabra ® Hair Bow Tool and Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra, leaving a space at the bottom for the Mini Bowdabra tower to move. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
4. Place the ribbon strands into the center of the Mini Bowdabra. Arrange the strands at various angles. Use the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler as your guide to keep all the strands at even lengths.
5. Continue adding ribbon lengths one on top of each other.
6. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow.
9. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow in a clockwise direction and knot.
10. Next, you will want to tie the decorative fuzzy ribbon around your package. Make sure the ends are even and start in the face up position.
11. Bring the ribbon around the front of the package and cross opposite sides.
12. Bring the ribbon back around to the front and tie. If you added an initial to the front of the package make sure that it’s still visible.
13. Last, you will want to attach your bow. Tie the bow onto the fuzzy ribbon.
15. Or you can clip off the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Your gift is ready to be given. Children will be so proud to have created the gift wrap.