We will be sharing several different tutorials on how to make homemade holiday gifts, on our Bowdabra Blog. The holidays can be an expensive time and often handmade gifts can result in huge savings for gift giving. Make homemade playdough, wrapped in fabric, and attach cookie cutters for the perfect Christmas stocking gift or classmate gift. Children will have so much creative fun with homemade playdough and cookie cutters!
1. To make play-dough: Combine 1 cup of flour, ¼ cup of salt, and ¼ cup of water into a mixing bowl. Stir ingredients until it is a play-dough consistency. Add extra water or flour depending which is needed.
2. Wrap play-dough in a plastic wrap.
3. Cut a large piece of fabric using pinking sheers. Place the play-dough into the center of the fabric and pull edges of fabric towards the center. Tie the fabric in place with Bowdabra Bow Wire.
4. To make the bow for the play-dough: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
5. Cut a piece of ribbon to make bow tails. Dove-tail the ends of ribbon by folding your ribbon in half and cutting at a 45 degree angle.
6. Lay your ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop, fold the ribbon and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have created as many loops as you desire.
8. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
9. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
10. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
11. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
12. Fluff your bow.
13. Tie the bow onto the top of the fabric, attach a cookie cutter(s) with Bowdabra Bow Wire.