I am so excited to share this tutorial with you today on the Bowdabra Blog. Holiday baskets filled with festive small presents are a wonderful gift for Christmas, but the standard wicker baskets can be expensive. I purchased a small plastic storage tray (for .50 cents) and transformed it into a holiday gift basket using Krylon Fusion spray paint and Bowdabra’s Ribbon-To-Bead. Bowdabra’s Ribbon-To-Bead comes with a wire needle attached to the ribbon spool so threading beads onto the ribbon is easy and quick. Sign-up for Bowdabra’s Newsletter and receive a coupon code for free Ribbon-to-Bead.
1. Begin with a plastic storage tray and Krylon spray paint for plastic.
2. Spray paint the plastic tray with textured shimmer. Spray both the top and the bottom for a complete finish.
3. You will need two spools of Ribbon-to-Bead to weave the ribbon along the sides and add beads as you go.
4. Complete unroll the ribbon-to-bead and hot glue the end of the ribbon to the inside of the tray. Start to weave the ribbon along the sides and add pony beads as you go.
5. Once the row is complete hold the ribbon end in place with more hot glue. Add another row of ribbon and beads alternating the pattern.
6. After two rows I need the other ribbon-to-bead spool to complete the third row. Again, I hot glued the end in place and wove the ribbon and attached beads as I went.
7. My holiday gift basket is finished. Depending on the size of your plastic tray it may take more less ribbon rows.
8. I lined the holiday gift basket with silver tulle and then added hot chocolate mix, candy canes, peppermints, a handmade beaded tree ornament, and a beaded wreath ornament. To learn how to make your own beaded holiday ornaments visit Bowdabra’s Ribbons, Crafts, and Things for free ebook instructions.