Kids will have so much fun helping to create a Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Ornament. Use a small terra cotta pot to make this ornament. The terra cotta pot should have a hole at the bottom of the pot for drainage. Using the hole you can add a pipe cleaner hanger and pipe cleaner antlers. This is an easy ornament to make that would be a perfect classroom craft during the holidays.
”¢Mini Bowdabra ®
”¢Bowdabra ® Bow Wire
”¢Small Terra Cotta Pot
1. Begin by decorating the reindeer face onto a terra cotta pot. Add foam for nose, googly eyes, and a black marker to draw on the mouth.
2. Using a pipe cleaner fold it in half and run the ends through the center of the terra cotta pot and knot and twist. This will be the ornaments hanger.
3. Shape pipe cleaners into the reindeer’s antlers and run the pipe cleaner end through the center hole of the terra cotta pot.
4. To make the bow for the reindeer’s collar: Cut a 24” piece of BowdabraBow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
5. Cut five coordinating pieces of scrap ribbon 4” in length. Dovetail all five pieces of ribbon. To dovetail both ends: fold the ribbon in half lengthwise. Position your scissors at the folded edge of the ribbon and cut the end at a 45 °angle.
6. Lay the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
11. Fluff bow. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire attach the jingle bell onto the front of the bow, bring wire to the back of the bow and tie again.
12. Using Glue Dots attach a ribbon around the bottom edge of the terra cotta pot.
13. Run the Bowdabra Bow Wire around the ribbon and tie bow on tightly. Spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire with a pencil for fun ringlets. The ornament is complete.
Bowdabra is a proud sponsor of Crafters 4 Kids. This full tutorial is also available at http://c4k555.org