Do you love to make homemade Christmas ornaments to place on your Christmas tree ever year? This is a simple ornament that the kids can help with. The kids can stuff the clear plastic round ornaments with ribbon, and then mom or dad can make the bow using the Mini Bowdabra! It’s a win-win for both age groups!
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need for this project.
2. Next, remove the silver cap from the plastic clear ornament.
3. Begin stuffing the ornament with decorative ribbon.
4. Keep stuffing the ornament until you are happy with its desired fullness and look.
5. Once you have finished stuffing the ornament place the silver cap back on to the ornament.
6. . Place Bowdabra ® Hair Bow Tool and Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra, leaving a space at the bottom for the Mini Bowdabra tower to move. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
7. Cut the ribbon to desired length or work directly off the spool. Place the red ribbon on the bottom followed by your piece of raffia on top. Make your first tail.
8. Depending on how large you would like your hair bow to be is where you place your first loops. To make your first loop, fold the ribbon and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Next, fold a loop on the other side at the same width. If you did not pre-measure the ribbon continue to leave the ribbon on the spool for the other tail. Each tail should be at opposite angles. Once you have made your tail the desired length, cut it with scissors.
10. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
11. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
12. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
13. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow in a clockwise direction and knot.
14. Next, take a 6 inch piece of raffia, thread it through the ornament top, and tie it.
15. Attach the ribbon using the Bowdabra Bow Wire to the raffia.
16. Enjoy your new ornament!