I don’t know about you, but once December hits my little ones are ready to countdown to when Santa comes. Because of this, I decided to make a fun countdown for them this year. The chalkboard plate countdown is perfect for little hands. They can help write the numbers and have a constant reminder of how many days left till the BIG day. I love it!
So let’s make a Countdown Plate together!
Here is what you will need:
black chalkboard paint
Red Sheer polka-dotted ribbon
Scrap Piece of 5/8 inch wide Red Grosgrain Ribbon
1. Either purchase a plate on clearance or at the Dollar Store. Or better yet use a mismatched plate that you have in your home that can be re-purposed. I love when I can find a creative way to reuse something that would otherwise be packed away in boxes or in placed in the back of my cupboard.
2. Use your chalkboard paint to paint on a few layers. I did two layers two cover the apples on my plate. The amount of coats will depend on what pattern is on your plate. Let your paint dry COMPLETELY. Once the chalkboard paint is dry apply vinyl lettering.
3. To create a Bowdabra Bow for your Christmas Countdown Plate first begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut an 18? piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half, and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Following the instructions on the Interactive Hair Bow Making CD create a Boutique Style Bow.
5. Follow the CD’s instructions for finishing the bow. Once finished, tie a scrap piece of 5/8 inch wide red grosgrain ribbon onto the back of the bow. Using the 5/8? wide red grosgrain as a finishing ribbon on the center of your bow to hide the Bowdabra Bow Wire. To keep the grosgrain ribbon tails from fraying run a lighter along the edges of ribbon to keep it from fraying. An another alternative to keep ribbon from fraying is clear nail polish. Hot glue bow onto your plate.
6. Then you’re done! Enjoy counting down with your little ones this season!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!