Ring in the New Year with Bowdabra’s New Year’s Eve confetti holders. Easily create these handmade confetti holders. At the stroke of mid-night open the holders and send confetti streaming through the air.
1. Use a standard letter size piece of cardstock.
2. Next, fold the two bottom edges in. Similar to if you were going to be making a paper airplane.
3. Roll the paper together keeping the folds inside. The two points should meet. Glue the points together.
4. Next glue along the outside fold to keep the cone together.
5. Fill the cone with confetti and press the front edge in.
6. Fold the other edge down and glue dot in place. (The edge can still be lifted with the glue dot when it is time to throw the confetti.)
7. Attach ribbon, chipboard, and gems on the front of the confetti holder. Personalize each holder with names and dates or simply add ”œHappy New Year”.
8. To make the little bow for the confetti: Cut a 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
9. Dovetail the end of a ribbon strip. Seal the ends with nail polish. Place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
10. To make the loops of the bow, begin by placing the end of the ribbon into the center of the Mini Bowdabra.
11. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop fold, twist, and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
12. Fold the loop on the other side. Trim ribbon from the spool.
13. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
14. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
15. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
16. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the BowdabraBow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
17. Fluff bow.
18. Glue the bow onto the top of the confetti holder.
19. Follow the instructions to make several confetti holders for New Year’s Eve.