Don’t be afraid to top your tree with a star and a beautiful bow this Christmas! This large loop bow adds additional charm to any tree. The Bowdabra helps you to make a Christmas Tree Bow Topper quickly and easily.
1. Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra bow wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
2. Take the end of the ribbon and twist the side that has the longest end and place it right side facing down-wards into the Bowdabra. This is the beginning of your first loop. Fold the ribbon to make a loop. Twist the ribbon 180 ° and press down into the Bowdabra. The right side of the ribbon will now be facing down, ready for your next loop.
3. Repeat the step above. You’ll now have multiple loops on each side of the Bowdabra.
4. Continue to create as many loops as you desire. Once you have achieved your desired ribbon width scrunch down the ribbon with the Bowdabra wand.
5. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra bow wire through the loop at the other end.
6. Pull the bow wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
7. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the bow wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the bow wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
8. Take the small piece and wrap it around the middle of the bow.
9. Use a glue dot or hot glue to adhere the middle piece together.
10. Fluff and shape the bow.
*Not pictured: To make tails for the bow; Cut a 20 inch long piece of ribbon. Fold in half to crease and create a center mark. Attach the tail to the back of the bow and add an additional knot to the bow wire. *Keep Bow Wire in tact since you will need this to attach your ribbon to your tree.