Create this unique but very practical New Year’s Eve Centerpiece. Use a 12pk of soda and create sleeves for the cans. Display the cans as decorative centerpiece. Later on in the night if you are running low on soda – guests can drink from the soda can centerpiece. A New Year’s Eve centerpiece with a purpose!
”¢ Mini Bowdabra ®
”¢ Bowdabra ® Bow Wire
”¢ 12 pack of Soda or Adult Beverage
”¢ Card Stock
”¢ Foam Lettering
”¢ Foam Snow Flakes
”¢ Glue Dots or Hot Glue
”¢ Royal Blue/White Gingham 3/8
”¢ Blue/White Gingham 3/8
”¢ White W/Black Stitch 3/8
”¢ Blue W/White Stitch 3/8
”¢ Blue Ombre Picot 3/8
1. Begin by cutting a piece of cardstock wide and long enough to fit around a soda can.
2. Next decorate the front of the cardstock with a few little foam pieces and the first letter of ”œHappy New Year”. Place the foam, off center because the card stock will over lap in the back and be glued together. Glue Morex Bobbin Ribbon along the top and bottom of the cardstock.
3. To make the little bow for the top of the cardstock: Cut a 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
4. Cut the ribbon end at an angle. Seal the end of the ribbon with nail polish to keep it from fraying. Next, lay the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create a tail. Twist the center so that the ribbon on the other side is facing unfinished side up.
5. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop fold, twist, and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Fold the loop on the other side. Next, cut a matching tail on the other side at an angle. Seal the end of the ribbon with nail polish.
7. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the BowdabraBow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
11. Fluff bow and attach it to the top.
12. Wrap the sleeve around a soda can and hold the ends together with Glue Dots.
13. Follow the instructions to make additional soda can sleeves.
14. Stack ”œHappy” on top of the ”œNew Year” or line them up to make the perfect table centerpiece!