Choose a favorite outfit and make gorgeous bows to match it perfectly! Find the materials that match just right and start the fun. This funky netting made to match Bowdabra bow was inspired by a red and gray striped outfit.
To make this bow you will need:
· Mini Bowdabra
· Hair Bow Tool and Ruler
· Bowdabra Bow Wire
· Netting, 6?x6? piece
· 2- 5” pieces of 1” Gray Grosgrain Ribbon, dove-tailed (also use for single loop bow)
· 1 5” piece of ¾” Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, dove-tailed
· 1.5” Sheer Wire Edge Ribbon
· Decorative Ball Ribbon 3- 4” inches pre-cut pieces
· French Clip that locks (NOTE: For less active girls, you can use an alligator clip)
· Hot Glue
1. Begin by reviewing the material list and collecting all the materials you will need to make this Bowdabra bow. Next, place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a piece of 18”³ Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Bowdabra.
5. Next, following the instructions on the Interactive CD, that comes with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler, make 4” wide boutique bow using 1.5”œ sheer wire edge ribbon. Leave Tails. Scrunch with Mini Bowdabra Wand.
6. Using 1” Grosgrain Ribbon, make a single loop 3” bow on each side, leaving tails. Scrunch with Mini Bowdabra Wand.
7. Place the 3 pre-cut Decorative Ball Ribbon pieces in Mini Bowdabra. Scrunch with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow and double knot. DO NOT TRIM EXTRA WIRE!
9. Trim tails of all extra ribbon.
11. Prepare bow to have knot glued on by positioning ribbon exactly where you want it and hold it with one hand. With the other hand do a glue dab on the top and both sides of the bow. Place prepared knot over middle and side of bow and press. Then, trim one side of kn
ot and glue to back of bow. Glue the other side to back of bow.
12. Glue the top of the French clip. Then press to back of bow. (Please note: You can line the clip with ribbon, but I prefer not to. The clip stays in hair better without being lined and the clip does not show in this particular bow)
13. Your bow is ready to wear!