Using ribbon and candy create gorgeous Valentine necklaces that both adults and kids will love! Use hard candy that is individually sealed to design a no-mess necklace that is perfect for classroom parties, teachers gifts, Valentine’s Day party favors, or to wear just for fun!
Ribbon-to-Bead is a ribbon that comes with a wire needle attached to the end of the ribbon. Use Ribbon-to-Bead to makes lots of unique but “tres chic” Valentine’s Day candy necklaces!
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you need. We used red and white hard candies but you can use whatever color combination you want as long as it is individually packaged. Visit our Bowdabra Ribbon Store for our huge selection of Ribbon-to-Bead to coordinate with your candy colors.
2. Hole punch the end of the candy wrappers and add reinforcement labels. Hole punch just one end for dangling candy or both ends to thread the entire candy on the ribbon.
3. Next, completely unroll the ribbon-to-bead from the spool and using the wire needle thread the candy onto the ribbon.
4. Mix and match hard candies to create your own pattern.
5. The Valentine candy necklace can be as simple or complex as you would like. For this necklace, we knotted the ribbon between each candy and had a dangling piece of candy for the center of the necklace.
6. Once necklace is complete cut the excess ribbon and seal the ends with clear nail polish to keep it from fraying. The Valentine Candy Necklace makes a great gift.
7. Create several different styles of Valentine candy necklaces!
Added to following link parties:
This post was featured on Craft Gossip Edible Crafts