Design this elegant “no sew” heart pillow for Valentine’s Day. Use in your own Valentine’s Day home decor or give the pillow as a gift. This no sew pillow tutorial is easy for all ages and skill levels. Finish the Valentine pillow with a beautiful satin ribbon Bowdabra bow.
1. Begin by making a template. Fold poster board in half; 8” from the fold. Measure 21” from the bottom point of the heart to the top curve of the heart. Draw a large heart and then another heart that is 4” on all sides smaller. Cut out both hearts and open the template.
2. Place template on top of 2 pieces of red felt. Pin the template down and cut out the large heart.
3. Using a piece of chalk trace the inside of the heart.
4. Begin to a cut 1” thick fringe. Regardless, of how you cut the fringe make sure that all the fringe is touching the edge of the heart. Use the below picture as an example for cutting fringe.
5. Double knot the fringe all around the heart shape. Leave an opening to fill the pillow with fiberfill.
6. Fill the pillow with fiberfill and then close the opening by knotting the fringe.
7. Tie two 5/8? wide red satin ribbons around the center the pillow. Dovetail the ends of the ribbon. To dovetail: fold the ribbon in half lengthwise. Position your scissors at the folded edge of the ribbon and cut the end at a 45 °angle.
8. To make the bow for the Valentine’s Day pillow: Cut a 24” piece of BowdabraBow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
9. Cut three pieces of large width scrap ribbon 5” in length. Cut two more thin width ribbons. Dovetail all the pieces of ribbon. To dovetail both ends: fold the ribbon in half lengthwise. Position your scissors at the folded edge of the ribbon and cut the end at a 45 °angle.
10. Lay the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
11. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
12. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
13. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the BowdabraBow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
14. Fluff bow and attach the bow to the red ribbon strands using the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire.