Choose your favorite team and make gorgeous bows to show your spirit. Find the materials that match just right and start the fun. Often times you can find ribbon for local teams at the craft store in your area or the college/ university bookstore. If you can’t find ribbon that says the team name or mascot, just make a bow with the team colors.
To make this bow you will need:
· Mini Bowdabra
· Hair Bow Tool and Ruler
· Bowdabra Bow Wire
· Tulle, 3 6×6 ”œ pieces in team colors
· 1.5” Sparkle Wire Edge Ribbon
· 4” piece of 1.5” Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon, dove-tailed
· 4” piece of ¾” Team mascot ribbon, dove-tailed
· 4” piece of ½ ” Decorative Edge ribbon, dove-tailed
· 4” piece of ¼” Checkered ribbon, dove-tailed
· 1” Team Name Ribbon
· French Clip that locks (NOTE: For less active girls, you can use an alligator clip)
· Hot Glue
1. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a piece of 18”³ Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Then put the 6” pieces of the team colors tulle in the mini Bowdabra. Scrunch with fingers.
3. Next, following the instructions on the Interactive CD, that comes with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler, make 4” wide boutique bow using 1.5”œ sparkle wire edge ribbon. Leave Tails. Scrunch with Mini Bowdabra Wand.
4. Place the Pre-cut and Dove-tailed pieces of 1.5” Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon, ¾” Team mascot ribbon, ½ ” Decorative Edge ribbon, and ¼” Checkered ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra in the order listed.
5. Using 1” Team Name Ribbon, make a single loop 3” bow leaving long tails that you dovetail. Scrunch with Bowdabra Wand.
6. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow and double knot. DO NOT TRIM EXTRA WIRE!
7. Trim tails of all extra ribbon.
8. Place ¼” Checkered ribbon over a scrunched piece of tulle then place over 1.5” Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon. Tie a loose knot, keeping checkered ribbon on the outside. Set aside.
=”” width=”300″ height=”199″ />
9. Prepare bow to have knot glued on by positioning ribbon exactly where you want it and hold it with one hand. With the other hand do a glue dab on the top and both sides of the bow. Place prepared knot over middle and side of bow and press. Then, trim one side of knot and glue to back of bow. Glue the other side to back of bow.
10. Glue the top of the French clip. Then press to back of bow. (Please note: You can line the clip with ribbon, but I prefer not to. The clip stays in hair better without being lined and the clip does not show in this particular bow)
11. Trim Tulle around edges to desired length.
12. Your bow is ready to wear!