Make a simple and inexpensive wreath to proclaim your love for those who mean the most to you! This wreath takes less than 20 minutes to create from start to finish, and yet creates a big impact. Mixing natural wood textures with feathers, glitter, and sheer wired ribbon creates this simplistic but yet gorgeous feel.
Heart Shape Grapevine Wreath
2 Feather filler pieces
1 heart filler
2 inch sheer wire ribbon
Bowdabra Bow Wire
Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
1. Gather all of your supplies to create the wreath. Place the feather filler pieces inside the grapevine wreath.
2. Use hot glue if needed or find a snug part of the wreath that you can slide the filler pieces in.
3. Next, place the heart filler piece inside the grapevine wreath. Use hot glue and secure the heart piece and any other filler pieces that seem to be moving around.
4. Gather your supplies for the Bowdabra.
5. Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra bow wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
6. Take the end of the ribbon and place it into the Bowdabra.
7. Fold the ribbon to make a loop. This is the beginning of your first loop.
8. Repeat the step above. You’ll now have multiple loops on each side of the Bowdabra. Continue to create as many loops as you desire.
9. Once you have achieved your desired ribbon width scrunch down the ribbon with the Bowdabra wand.
10. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra bow wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the bow wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
11. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the bow wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the bow wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
12. Fluff and shape the bow.
13. Place bow on the grapevine wreath to figure out where you’d like to place the bow.
14. Once you’ve decided where you’d like it to go then attach the bow.
15. Cut off remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire.
16. Now your wreath is finished and all you need to do is attach it to your door!
17. Use a sheer ribbon to attach to your door. Secure it at the top of your door using a thumbtack.
For more Valentine Craft Tutorials click here…
This post is linking to the following:
Momnivore’s Valentine’s Day Link Party
Chic On A Shoestring Decorating