Make a Valentine’s Day home decor on the cheap. Purchase an inexpensive frame and decorate it with strips of sheer ribbon.I purchased an unfinished large wooden frame from the Dollar Store. I removed the glass, spray painted it, and added ribbon for a super easy and super SWEET decoration!
1. Begin by purchasing or recycling an inexpensive frame. I found a very simple frame at the Dollar Store.
2. Remove the glass and the back of the frame. Bend back any little tabs that would get in your way.
3. Spray paint the frame and let dry. While the frame is drying cut strips of sheer ribbon. I cut my strips 6? long. Once the frame is dry tightly tie the strips onto the frame. The sheer ribbon will fray. I love the look of the fray ribbon and went out of my way to get the fray look by pulling on the ends of the ribbon.
4. Once you have tied sheer strips around the entire frame attach sheer ribbon to the top of the frame to hang it. Hold the ribbon loop in place with a small amount of Bowdabra Bow Wire.
5. Optional: Create a bow for the Valentine frame decor. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18? of Bowdabra Bow Wire fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Cut 21? of sheer ribbon in all three colors. Dovetail the ends of the ribbon. Place the 7/8? ribbon in between the two 1.5? ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half, at the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Fold the ribbon to create a loop at the 2? mark.
7. Continue fold the loops back and forth to creating 3 more loops at the 2? mark. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
11. Fluff the bow.
12. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire attach the bow to the ribbon loop at the top of the frame. Trim away excess wire.
13. Your Valentine’s Day home decor is complete. Hang the Valentine’s Day decoration in your home using the ribbon loop.