Combine wire and ribbon to create a gorgeous versatile piece of jewelry. This tutorial will show you how a ribbon necklace can also be used as bracelet.
Ribbon jewelry is a hot fashion trend! I designed this a unique jewelry piece combining ribbon, wire, and seed beads. I used Ribbon-to-Bead (a Bowdabra exclusive) to easily thread large eyed beads onto satin ribbon. The Ribbon-to-Bead comes with a wire threader attached to the ribbon – making it a piece of cake to add beads to ribbon.
1. To make the necklace I first cut 34? of 24 gauge wire. I like using 24 gauge wire because it is easy to bend and work with. Coil the end of the wire and create a loop. The loop will be used to attach the wire to jump rings.
2. Attach seed beads to the 24 gauge wire and finish with another loop and coiled end.
3. Next, completely unroll the Ribbon-to-Bead from the spool. Attach a jump ring to the end of the ribbon and glue the ribbon in place.
4. Attach the seed bead strand to the jump ring. Begin to twist the wire around the ribbon.
5. As you twist the seed beads around the ribbon begin to thread large eyed beads onto the ribbon.
6. Continue adding beads and twisting the seed beads around the ribbon.
7. Add beads onto the ribbon until you run out of wire. If you want your necklace to be larger use a longer strand of wire and seed beads.
8. Finish the necklace by gluing another jump ring to the ribbon, attaching the seed beads, and adding a clasp.
9. Your wire and ribbon jewelry is finished! Best of all it can be a necklace or used as a bracelet. It is a great versatile and trendy piece of handmade jewelry!
For more about the designer click here…
This posts links to: