Follow my blog with Bloglovin
“Home Sweet Home” – we all know the feeling of being gone on a trip and coming home and just feeling immediate relief and happiness. Or having a hard day at work and longing for the comfort of your home. Create an easy and inexpensive home decoration for under $5.00 that says, “Home Sweet Home”.
Are you familiar with the brown masking paper that is used when painting? I found a roll of 9? brown masking paper at my local hardware store. The brown paper is lightweight but does not tear when working with – it’s amazing!
I am using the brown paint masking paper today to create paper hearts. We featured Paper Sack Hearts, by The Tattered Tag on Feature Friday Week 1. She made Valentine hearts by recycling paper bags. I love the project and thought I would make a variation of the craft.
1. Begin with the brown paint masking paper that can be found in the paint department of your local hardware store. Recycled paper bags will work but I found them more likely to tear.
2. Cut out 6 hearts for 3 pairs. Hole punch around the edge of the hearts.
3. Using Elmer’s Paint Pens create a design on the front of the hearts.
4. Unroll the Ribbon-to-Bead from the spool. The ribbon comes with a wire needle attached making it easy to work with.
5. Insert the wire needle through the center hole at the top of the heart. Leave a 8? tail. Continue to weave the ribbon through the hole punches. Leave part of the heart open and add a little fiberfil.
6. Finish weaving the ribbon and then insert the ribbon back through the center hole. Tie a bow and trim away excess.
7. Weave the other two hearts with ribbon and fill with fiberfill.
8. Display hearts on a mantel, shelf, or give as a housewarming gift.
This post is linking to: