Designing your own birthday party favors can really save you a lot of money. Design these easy to make ribbon wands using pencils and sheer ribbon. These fun ribbon wands are sure to keep children entertained and they are so inexpensive and easy to make. In fact, the entire time I was making this Bowdabra craft my daughter was next to me spinning and twirling with her pencil ribbon wand. Scroll down to the bottom of the post to see her in action.
1. Begin with pencils and eye hooks. The found colorful pencils at the Dollar Store and the screw eye hooks I had on hand from a hanging picture kit I had purchased awhile back. Eye hooks can be found in a variety of sizes at your local hardware store. You will need small ones so that they can easily screw into the pencil eraser.
2. Next, screw the eye hooks into the pencil’s eraser.
3. Do this for all the pencils.
4. Cut sheer ribbon about 1.5yds long. Thread the ribbon through the eye hook. Create two even strands.
5. Knot the sheer ribbon to the eye hook.
6. To keep the ribbon from getting tangled. Wrap the sheer ribbon around the pencil and hold it in place with 3/8? grosgrain ribbon.
7. Create party favor ribbon wands for all the guests.
8. Kids will have so much fun twirling and spinning these easy to make ribbon wands. Here is my little girl having fun the with the wand while I was trying to make the favors.
For more about the designer click here…