Use a beer mug you have at your home and transform it into a centerpiece for St. Patrick’s Day. Take it to the next level by adding a few drops of food coloring to your water and within a few days your white flowers wills start to turn green.
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need for this project. Cut ribbon and seal each end of the ribbon with clear nail polish. The nail polish dries quickly so there is no need to wait for it to dry.
2. Place Bowdabra ® Hair Bow Tool and Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra, leaving a space at the bottom for the Mini Bowdabra tower to move. Cut an18”pieceofBowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
3. Place a piece of the ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Fold the ribbon over ”œpeak side down”. This is the beginning of your first loop. Then repeat and fold the ribbon over again. At this point you should have two ribbon loops.
5. Next, create a mini loop that will be seen at the middle of the bow.
6. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Mini Bowdabra wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the bow wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
7. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the bow wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the bow wire securely against the bow.
8. Fluff and shape the bow.
9. Gather your beer mug and enough ribbon to go around the circumference of the beer mug (and to have tails for the bow). Wrap the ribbon around the glass and tie in a knot. Attach the bow to the knotted ribbon. Once the ribbon is secure trim away the excess Bowdabra Bow Wire. Fill the bottom of the mug with green glass beads.
10. Fill your mug with water and flowers. If you have green food coloring on hand add a few drops to your water and watch the white flowers magically appear green within days.