Remember the days when you were a Daisy, Brownie or Girl Scout? It’s that time of year to support your local troops. Make this quick and easy spiky bow for your darling Daisy, Brownie or Girl Scout. Make it to coordinate with their outfit. I’m positive they will look stylish and cute!
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need for this project. Place the Hair Bow & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
2. Cut several strands of different ribbon. Diagonal cut each end. Seal the end of the ribbon with clear nail polish. The nail polish dries quickly so there is no need to wait for it to dry. Place the ribbon strands into the center of the Mini Bowdabra. Arrange the strands at various angles. Use the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler as your guide to keep all the strands at even lengths.
3. Continue adding ribbon lengths one on top of each other. Use the Mini Bowdabra Wand to scrunch down the ribbon.
4. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Pull the bow out and separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow.
5. Fluff bow. Wrap a short piece of bobbin ribbon around the middle of the bow and glue. I glued a short piece of blue bobbin ribbon around the alligator clip. Next, glue the alligator clip to the back of the bow.
6. A matching pair can easily be made. Just use the same ribbon length and sizes for your second bow.
7. Give to your favorite Daisy, brownie or Girl Scout and watch her proudly wear them with her uniform.