Design a woven ribbon clover to use for scrapbooking, card-making, or for hair clips. This woven ribbon clover would look adorable as an embellishment on a scrapbook layout! Or if you are in to hair bow making add this ribbon clover to the center of a hair bow or attach onto a hair clip by its self. The possibilities are endless!
We know that usually Friday is Feature Friday but in celebration of National Craft Month and our Bowdabra Party we wanted to share this amazing and easy tutorial with you.
1. Begin by cutting 3 strips of 5? ribbon. The remaining ribbon will be for stem of the clover. Seal the ends of the ribbon with a lighter or clear nail polish.
2. Fold two strips in half and create a crease. The crease is the center point of the ribbon. At the creases hot glue the ribbon together to form an X.
3. Fold the top left ribbon strand and hot glue the end under the bottom left ribbon.
4. Fold the bottom left strand, weave it through the loop and hot glue it on the top of the left (top) ribbon.
5. Turn the ribbon so that the free ribbon strands are on the left side. Follow the instructions above and weave the same loops on the other side.
6. Complete the loops.
7. Next, take the other 5? strand and fold it in the middle to form a V with a flat bottom. I tacked it in place with a small dab of hot glue.
8. Fold the right loop to the bottom hot glue in place. (Notice: This clover section we are making the opposite).
9. Take the left ribbon strand weave it under than over and hot glue in place.
10. Hot glue the one section of the ribbon clover to the center of the two. (Want a four leaf clover? Just make another section and hot glue it in place.)
11. Hot glue the clover stem to the back of the clover.
The ways to enter the giveaway with this post are the following: (3 entries per person for this post)
(1 entry) Click the Pin It button at the bottom of this post and pin the woven ribbon clover. Please mark the pin with @bowdabra so that we can easily find it in a search. Please leave a comment below that you pinned it along with your Pinterest name. We would love to follow your boards!
(1 entry) Tweet about our @Bowdabra Woven Ribbon Clover Tutorial. Please leave a comment that you tweeted along with your twitter name so that we may follow you.
(1 entry) Leave a comment below about how you would use the woven ribbon clover. Would you use it in scrapbooking, card-making, or hair bow making?
Join us for Bowdabra’s National Craft Month celebration for lots of great ways to enter in our month long giveaway. Contest begins March 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2012 at midnight eastern time. Winners to be announce April 2, 2012 at http://bowdabra.wpengine.com
**Each blog post brings more entries into our month long contest. Visit our National Craft Month Giveaway Page for a list of all the posts (each day a new post is added to the list), contest rules, and contest help.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.