Make Lucky Leprechaun Bites for a fun St. Patrick’s Day treat. These little bites are perfect for school parties, family treats, or use the dessert as a table centerpiece. Bowdabra Designer, Susie of SusieQTPies finishes the dessert with a beautiful Mini Bowdabra bow.
1. Melt Wilton Candy melts 1/2 cup at a time in the microwave. Do this 15 seconds at a time and stir.
2. Once melted, insert 1 inch of the lollipop stick into it and then stick it into a marshmallow.
3. The melt holds the stick into place. Keep them upside down for 5-10 minutes.
4. Next, dip the marshmallow stick into the melt. Use a spatula or spoon to help smooth on the melt.
5. Decorate immediately. Pour or dip marshmallow into the sprinkles.
6. Use half of a foam ball or a foam tray to place the marshmallows. They take about 10 minutes to dry.
7. To make the bow for your dessert begin by cutting 18? of Bowdabra Bow Wire. Fold the wire in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra. Cut strips of coordinating scrap ribbon and place them one at a time into the center of the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Scrunch the bow with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot. Next, use the Mini Bowdabra wire to tie the bow to glass mug with a handle. Spiral the Bowdabra Bow Wire around a pencil to create fun ringlets.
9. Adding dry rice to a glass mug is a great trick to holding the marshmallow pops up.
10. Continue adding the Lucky Leprechaun Bites to the glass to create a fun and festive treat.
The ways to enter the giveaway with this post are the following: (4 entries per person for this post)
(1 entry) Click the Pin It button at the bottom of this post. Please mark the pin with @bowdabra so that we can easily find it in a search. Please leave a comment below that you pinned it along with your Pinterest name. We would love to follow your boards!
(1 entry) Leave a comment below about the tutorial.
(1 entry) Visit the designer of this tutorial Susie of Susie QT Pies and follow her blog. Leave a comment below that you are following her.
(1 entry) Get Daily Bowdabra Blog Updates. Enter your email address in the field on the right side bar and get an email every time we
add a new tutorial. Leave a comment below that you signed up for our daily updates.
Join us for Bowdabra’s National Craft Month celebration for lots of great ways to enter in our month long giveaway. Contest begins March 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2012 at midnight eastern time. Winners to be announce April 2, 2012 at http://bowdabra.wpengine.com
**Each blog post brings more entries into our month long contest. Visit our National Craft Month Giveaway Page for a list of all the posts (each day a new post is added to the list), contest rules, and contest help.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.