I am very excited to share a Spring project with you all today. This is a wreath I have been wanting to make for a while now and finally got around to making it. I lovingly call it the Rag Tie Wreath. It only cost me about $3 to make it, which I was more than excited about.
Want to make one of your own? Well lets get crafting!
1. Start out by folding your twin size sheet in half (long ways) and then fold it again. P.S. I found my sheet at a thrift store for $2.00 Such a steal!
2. Start cutting strips. I made my strips about 1-2 inches wide.
3. Once I had my twin size sheet completely cut up, I cut those long strips in half (while still folded)
4. Now I had TONS and TONS of fabric strips ready for tying.
5. Begin tying fabric strips onto your metal wreath form. I found my wreath form at a thrift store for .50 cents.
6. Keep tying until you reach all around the wreath. I tied fabric on each piece of metal.
7. Once you have tied on all your fabric, take your wooden letter and paint it. Mine was originally yellow. It was purchased at the Dollar Store.
8. I painted mine teal. I was going for a yellow and teal wreath. Have fun with yours. Add polka dots or something. The brighter, the more fun for Spring.
9. While your letter is drying, begin your bow. To make the bow cut 24 inches of Bowdabra Bow Wire. Place it into your Bowdabra.
10. Take the end of the ribbon and twist the side that has the longest end and place it right side facing down-wards into the Bowdabra. This is the beginning of your first loop. Continue folding your ribbon into your Bowdabra, making loops.
11. Continue to create as many loops as you want, depending on the fullnessof the bow you prefer at the end. I have about 8 loops. I kept my bow flat, but you can totally fluff it out for a more full bow. Once you have achieved your desired ribbon width scrunch down the ribbon with the Bowdabra wand. Tie with your Bowdabra Wire.
12. Take a scrap piece of ribbon to tie around the middle of your bow. This will hide the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
13. Tie your letter and bow onto your wreath. Hang and Enjoy!!