Create darling little Easter Eggs using regular inexpensive plastic eggs and sheet music. I used thin sheet music paper that I had on a roll. The thinner the sheet music the easier it will be to decoupage onto the Easter Eggs. Finish the Easter Eggs with a taffeta bow and place them into little decorative nests.
1. Begin with sheet music and plastic eggs.
2. Using Mod Podge adhere the sheet music to the eggs. Let Dry.
3. Glue ribbon strands around the eggs.
4. While the Mod Podge is drying create the bows. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra (metric side). Cut a piece of 18? Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra. Cut a piece of 16cm long ribbon. At the half way point place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Form a loop and press it into the Mini Bowdabra at the 2.5cm mark.
6. Press the ribbon at the 2.5 cm mark at the other side. Both tails should be at the top of the ruler.
7. Fold the tails down and press each ribbon at the 2.5cm mark to form two more loops.
8. Add small little florals into the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
10. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
11. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra.
12. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
13. Fluff the bow and glue it to the tafetta ribbon strand that is around the egg.
14. Create a bow for the other egg and display.
The ways to enter the giveaway with this post are the following: (4 entries per person for this post)
(1 entry) Click the Pin It button at the bottom of this post. Please mark the pin with @bowdabra so that we can easily find it in a search. Please leave a comment below that you pinned it along with your Pinterest name. We would love to follow your boards!
(1 entry) Leave a comment below about the tutorial.
(1 entry) Tweet about the @Bowdabra tutorial on twitter. Leave a comment below.
(1 entry) Get Daily Bowdabra Blog Updates. Enter your email address in the field on the right side bar and get an email every time we add a new tutorial. Leave a comment below that you signed up for our daily updates.
Visit our Bowdabra Friend and Featured Blogger Shannon of CozyHomeScenes. Shannon is celebrating the many uses of ribbon with a Shabby Chic Bottle Tutorial! Head on over to her blog for additional entries into our Bowdabra National Craft Month Giveaway.
Join us for Bowdabra’s National Craft Month celebration for lots of great ways to enter in our month long giveaway. Contest begins March 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2012 at midnight eastern time. Winners to be announce April 2, 2012 at http://bowdabra.wpengine.com
**Each blog post brings more entries into our month long contest. Visit our National Craft Month Giveaway Page for a list of all the posts (each day a new post is added to the list), contest rules, and contest help.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.