Polka dot ribbon is so much fun and adds a boutique and vibrant style to any craft project. Using plastic Easter Eggs and Morex Polka Dot Ribbon-to-Bead I was able to create fun hanging polka-dot Easter Eggs that can be placed in a window, on a door knob, peg board, and Easter tree.
Ribbon-to-Bead comes with a wire needle attached to the end of the ribbon. The wire needle is perfect for threading the ribbon through beads or even Easter eggs!
1. Begin with plastic Easter Eggs using either a wood-burning tool or a large picture nail and lighter melt a hole into the top and bottom of the Easter Eggs.
2. Using Morex Ribbon-to-Bead thread the ribbon from the bottom of the egg up through the top.
3. Bring the ribbon back down through the top to create a loop.
4. Leave two tails and cut the ribbon. Tie the ribbon tails in a knot close to the bottom of the egg. Hot glue a ribbon strand around the center of the plastic egg.
5. To make a bow for the egg begin placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (metric side) onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut the Bowdabra Bow Wire 18? long and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Cut 8cm of ribbon and place it face down on the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Fold the ribbon to create a 2.5cm loop.
8. Fold the ribbon to create a 2.5cm loop on the either side.
9. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
10. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
11. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra.
12. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
13. Fluff bow. Attach the bow to the top loop using the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Twist the wire around a pencil to create fun ringlets.
14. Make several polka dot ribbon Easter eggs.
15. Hang the Easter eggs to display them.
The ways to enter the giveaway with this post are the following: (4 entries per person for this post)
(1 entry) Click the Pin It button at the bottom of this post. Please mark the pin with @bowdabra so that we can easily find it in a search. Please leave a comment below that you pinned it along with your Pinterest name. We would love to follow your boards!
(1 entry) Leave a comment below about the tutorial.
(1 entry) Tweet about the @Bowdabra tutorial on twitter. Leave a comment below.
(1 entry) Get Daily Bowdabra Blog Updates. Enter your email address in the field on the right side bar and get an email every time we add a new tutorial. Leave a comment below that you signed up for our daily updates.
Visit our Bowdabra Friend and Featured Blogger Tiffany Windsor of Cool2Craft. Tiffany is celebrating the many uses of ribbon with a dyed ribbon flower tutorial. Head on over to her blog for additional entries into our Bowdabra National Craft Month Giveaway.
Join us for Bowdabra’s National Craft Month celebration for lots of great ways to enter in our month long giveaway. Contest begins March 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2012 at midnight eastern time. Winners to be announce April 2, 2012 at http://bowdabra.wpengine.com
**Each blog post brings more entries into our month long contest. Visit our National Craft Month Giveaway Page for a list of all the posts (each day a new post is added to the list), contest rules, and contest help.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.