During Easter time those inexpensive plastic Easter eggs are plentiful. Use the plastic eggs to create little Easter Bunnies. Fill each plastic Easter egg bunny with candies. The candies act like a weight and keep the bunnies upright and standing in place. Kids will have so much fun making these little bunnies for their classmates and friends.
1. Begin with plastic Easter eggs. Most of the plastic Easter Eggs now come with pre-drilled holes so that they are not a choking hazard. Use a large picture nail to widen the holes for the pipe cleaner ears. If the eggs do not have two holes at the top heat a picture nail and easily create a hole through the plastic.
2. Cut a large pipe cleaner in half and thread the pipe cleaner through the top holes.
3. Form the pipe cleaners into ears.
4. Glue on googly eyes, small white chenille stems for whiskers, pink pom poms, and a large pom pom for the tail.
5. To create matching bows for the bunnies begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Cut 8? of 7/8? grosgrain with dovetailed ends. Fold the ribbon in half to create a crease. At the crease mark place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Fold the ribbon at the 1? mark to create a loop.
8. Fold the ribbon at the 1? mark on the other side.
9. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
10. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
11. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
12. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
13. Fluff the bow and use the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire to attach the bow around the bunny’s ears. Trim away excess wire.
14. Follow the instructions to make a small bow for each bunny. Give the bunnies as gifts and/or add to Easter Baskets.
Join us for Bowdabra’s National Craft Month celebration for lots of great ways to enter in our month long giveaway. Contest begins March 1, 2012 and ends March 31, 2012 at midnight eastern time. Winners to be announce April 2, 2012 at http://bowdabra.wpengine.com