Creating a reverse stacked Mini Bowdabra Bow can be beneficial for card-making and scrapbooking. Card-making often requires small detailed bows without too much bulk. Bowdabra Bow Wire is a malleable wire that holds the bow tightly while still allowing you to re-adjust the loops. However, to cover the Bowdabra Bow Wire it requires 1/4″ or 3/8″ ribbon and when it is glued over the wire it adds extra bulk.
Maggie, our Bowdabra Designer specializing in cardmaking finds that in some circumstances using 1/8″ ribbon instead of Bowdabra Bow Wire works great. However, when using 1/8″ ribbon the easiest way to make the bow is to stack it in reverse. Normally when a Mini Bowdabra Bow is made the bow is assembled from the bottom of the bow, to top of the bow. The Bowdabra Bow Wire then is pulled tightly and tied in the back of the bow.
However, to make a Mini Bowdabra with 1/8″ ribbon you create it in reverse.
1. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 10″ of 1/8″ of ribbon and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Cut ribbon for the top of the bow. This will be your first layer of the bow. To make this bow cut 10.5″ of sheer 5/8″ ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Fold the ribbon to create two 1″ loops.
4. Fold the ribbon down to create two more 1″ loops.
5. Next, place the next layer of ribbon. This will be the bottom of your bow. For this bow cut 14″ of 5/8″ satin ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Fold the ribbon to create 1.25 loops on either side.
7. Fold the ribbon to create two more 1.25″ loops. You are now looking at the bottom of your bow.
8. Scrunch down with your Mini Bowdabra Wand.
9. Take the 1/8″ ribbon and tie it tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Pull the bow out and up of the Mini Bowdabra. Adjust the loops carefully and knot the 1/8″ ribbon in the back of the bow.
11. Fluff the bow and trim away excess 1/8″ ribbon.
Optional: Create a reverse Mini Bowdabra bow with small little flowers.
1. Place small little flowers first into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Create a bow using the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Tie the ribbon and use the 1/8″ ribbon as tails. The bow is complete and perfect for card-making.
Reverse Stacked Mini Bowdabra Bows are wonderful for card-making.