The old saying is true. It is more fun to give than receive, especially when presenting a gift to someone you love. Whether you buy or make a gift for a wedding or bridal shower, it’s nice to personalize a plain gift bag with a handmade bow for a once in a lifetime event. This bow can be adapted to use on a gift bag for any occasion including Mother’s Day or birthdays just by changing the bag and the colors used.
1. Cut a piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire 19 inches long. Fold it in half and place in the Bowdabra.
2. Cut a long strip of the white lace ribbon for the bow tails. Fold it in half to find the center, then place center into the Bowdabra.
3. Leaving the remaining lace ribbon on the spool, insert the lace ribbon right side down into the Bowdabra. Make a loop approx. 3 inches long. Twist the end of the loop before inserting it into the Bowdabra.
4. Make a loop on the right side of the bow and twist end before inserting into the Bowdabra. There should be 2 loops with the right side of the ribbon on top and a ribbon end with the wrong side visible.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 one more time so there are 2 loops on both sides. Cut ribbon from the spool.
6. Scrunch the bow center with the Bowdabra Wand.
7. Repeat Steps 3-5 and make a pink bow with 3 inch loops directly on top of the lace bow. Pay more attention than I did and make sure all the ribbon ends remain in the Bowdabra. I redid my bow after taking these pictures.
8. Scrunch the bow centers with the Bowdabra Wand.
9. Fold a long piece of the sheer pearl trimmed ribbon in half to find the center, then insert it into the Bowdabra right over the pink bow.
10. Make a 3 inch loop on the left side and insert the end of the loop into the Bowdabra. There is no need to twist the end of this bow.
11. Make a 3 inch loop on the right side and insert the loop end into the Bowdabra. Again, do not twist the ribbon.
12. Scrunch all 3 bow centers with the Bowdabra Wand.
13. Leave the bow in the Bowdabra for now. Thread the 2 loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the wire tightly so the bow will not fall apart, then remove from the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. Double knot, but DO NOT trim wire ends.
14. Fluff bow and dovetail the ends of all the tails.
15. Cut the wire off of a rose pick, then glue the rose on the center of the bow.
16. Using the excess wire on the bow, tie the bow to the handle of the bag just like you would tie a shoelace. This makes the bow removable so the bride can put it on another gift or a wreath later if she desires. Pull the excess wire to the front of the bag and wrap the ends around your fingers and make ringlets.
17. Layer white tulle, pink tulle, and pink tissue paper and insert it into the bag for a romantic look. After placing a gift in the bag, add a little extra tissue paper on top to hide the package.
The gift is now ready to be given to the lucky bride and groom.