Mother’s Day corsages are a wonderful way to make mom feel special. However, instead of buying a corsage design your own unique and handmade paper raffia corsage. The Mini Bowdabra makes designing paper floral corsages easy and mom will love her beautiful gift and keepsake.
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Next, place an elastic around the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler before the 2″ mark. The elastic will be used to hold the raffia down as you are creating the paper petals.
3. Place the raffia into the Mini Bowdabra leave a .75″ tail.
4. Fold the raffia and make a crease at the 2″ mark. Hold the raffia down with the elastic.
5. Fold the raffia at least 20 times to create enough paper petals. Trim the raffia from the spool.
6. Scrunch down with Mini Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
8. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back. Position the raffia so that it is no longer stacked like an accordion but rather held tightly wrapped together. Knot the wire and trim away excess.
10. Using hot glue, glue the raffia tails together so that the flower won’t pull apart when you are working with it. Next, add some small floral leaves and wrap it all in floral top for a nice finish.
11. Next, start to open the raffia paper petals. Begin at the other edge and open the loop and twist. Below is a picture of the first loop being opened.
12. Open all of the raffia loops and adjust the leaves.
13. Provide a corsage pin so that mom can wear her special paper raffia corsage for Mother’s Day.