Create a stunning 3-row formal necklace perfect for proms, weddings, cocktail parties, or corporate events. Finish the handmade beaded three row necklace with a beautiful Mini Bowdabra Bow. I love adding bows to multi-strand necklaces because they not only look great but the bow keeps your beaded strands from getting tangled!!
1. First begin by sketching and designing your bead pattern. You will want to create three strands, one strand should only have seed beads. The strand with seed beads will be wrapped with ribbon and large eyed beads. The necklace that I made the strands are the following length. First strand 23″, second strand, 21″ and third strand 17.5″. The second strand will become shorter when the ribbon is wrapped around it. Crimp the ends and add small jump rings.
2. Next, unroll the Ribbon-to-Bead completely from the spool. Ribbon-to-Bead comes with a wire needle attached making it easy to thread large eyed beads.
3. Seal the end of the ribbon with clear nail polish or a lighter. Next, fold the end of the ribbon through a small jump ring and hot glue in place.
4. Attach all the strands of beads and the ribbon to a large jump ring. Make sure the seed bead strand and the ribbon are next to each other.
5. Begin to thread large eyed beads onto the ribbon wire.
6. Start to wrap the ribbon around the seed bead strand. Keep wrapping and threading a bead as you go.
7. Once you come to the end of the seed beads, attach another small jump ring to the end of the ribbon. Place the ribbon and strands of beads onto a large jump ring on this side. Add a clasp.
8. To add a Mini Bowdabra Bow: Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half and lay it into the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Cut the end of the ribbon at an angle and seal it. To create a 3″ tail use the ruler as a guide and place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Fold and press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create a 2″ loop.
11. Fold and press the ribbon on the other side at the 2″ mark. Make a total of 4 loops.
12. Cut the ribbon tail at an angle at the 3″ mark. Seal the ribbon with a lighter or clear nail polish.
13. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
14. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
15. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
16. Fluff the bow.
17. Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the bow to the necklace strands. Trim away excess wire and hot glue a gem stone in place to hid the wire.
18. Your handmade formal 3-Row necklace with Mini Bowdabra Bow is complete.