We give honor to those who serve and who have served in our Armed Forces for Memorial Day. It also seems to kick off picnic season in the mid-west! Good bye winter and hello to pool season! It is a fun day to hang out with family and friends, share tasty food & drinks and play outdoor games. I love making cupcakes. Last month I shared the Baby Shower Best Ever Cupcake Recipe. Stop over there to get the cupcake recipe.
Use my recipe, make your own favorite recipe or purchase some ready frosted cupcakes at the store. Add these quick and easy cupcake toppers. Your friends and family will think that you are the next “Susie Homemaker!”
1. Bake the cupcakes and let cool. Add 2 or 3 extra white cupcake liners over cupcake and twist tie together with the Red, Silver and Blue star wire.
2. Add frosting to a pastry bag or add to a ziplock baggie. Snip one end and add frosting to cupcake. Top with sprinkles.
3.Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18”³ of Bowdabra Bow Wire fold the wire in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Tatter the edges of the blue satin ribbon with your fingers to make it look rugged.
5. Add a 4″ piece of American Flag Bobbin Ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Next, add the tattered blue satin and follow the measurements marks on the ruler to make equal bows and tails. It will be tiny.
6. Use the measurements marks to make equal bows and tails.
7. Add two 4″ pieces of Red Stripes and Blue Star Bobbin Ribbons in opposite directions into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. It was at this point when I realized that the Bowdabra Wire was under the ruler. I did not want to pull it all out so I use my mini scissors to pull the wire up through both sides of the ruler. Has that ever happened to you? It has to me several times.
9. Scrunch with wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra and knot it off. Then tie it to the top of a cake pop stick. Don’t cut the wire. Use it to wrap around the cake pop stick.
10. Another topper to make is take a 4″ piece of American Flag Bobbin Ribbon, fold in half and around a cake pop stick. Staple ribbon together. Then wrap Red, Silver and Blue star wire around the stick.
11. Add Toppers into cupcakes! These really are super easy to make for Memorial Day or 4th of July!