Create an upcycled desk organizer with ribbon accents. Use aluminum cans of all shapes and sizes to design the perfect organizer for dad for Father’s Day or as the perfect end of the year teacher’s gift.
1. Begin by collecting 3 different sized recycled cans. Wash and dry the cans.
2. Wrap the cans with large width ribbon. Hold the ribbon in place with glue dots or tacky glue.
3. Wrap all three cans with ribbon.
4. Attach two cans with 3/8” bobbin ribbon. Tie the ribbon tightly to press the two cans together.
5. Use another piece of 3/8” bobbin ribbon to tie two more cans together.
6. Place desk items into the organizer; pens, pencils, rulers, scissors, and paper clips. Makes a great inexpensive gift that kids can make!