This Father’s Day make a homemade gift for dad to show him how special he is. This DIY gift idea is simple, easy, and great for all ages. Design a key holder for dad with an inspirational message glued onto the front.
Mini Bowdabra ®
Bowdabra ® Bow Wire
Ruler with holes
3 Lanyard Hooks
1. Using 1/8” wide ribbon attach 3 lanyard hooks to the ruler.
2. Attach 3/8” wide ribbon to each end of the ruler to use as a hanger.
3. To make the bow for the key holder: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
4. Lay your ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop, fold the ribbon and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have created as many loops as you desire.
6. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire through the loop at the other end.
8. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
10. Fluff the bow and attach it to the ribbon hanger to create a loop. Spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire with a pencil for fun ringlets.
11. Using Arial Black 24 pt Lettering cut and paste the following saying onto the ruler, ”œA Father’s Love Can’t Be Measured”.
12. Dad can hang the key holder from the ribbon loop and attach keys to the lanyard hooks.