Summer brings up all sorts of fond memories – no school, endless play days, sunshine, the Boardwalk, and the beach to name a few. I remember walking along the beach and feeling the cool summer breeze blowing off the Atlantic. That brought to mind the song by The Isley Brothers – Summer Breeze. You might not think you would have cause to make a summer theme card, but how about this one.
As you can see, this bow is a little different.
1. Begin by placing the Mini Bowdabra Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18”³ of a 3 strands of embroidery floss and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Place the polka dot ribbon to create a 1”³ tail and scrunch it down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
3. Fold and press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to form a 3/4”³ loop.
4. Continue to fold the ribbon to create a 3/4”³ loop on the other side.
5. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the ribbon is still in the Mini Bowdabra, gently pull up the floss and tie it tightly into a knot.
7. The knot will be on the wrong side. I had to tug it around so it was on the back of the bow.
8. Trim the embroidery floss close to the knot. Do not trim the ribbon just yet. Put a tiny glue dot on the back of the bow.
9. Adhere the bow to the hat on the card at the end of the piece of ribbon already adhered for the ribbon on the hat. Trim the tails of the ribbon to cover the image on the card. Use a tiny glue dot to hold the tails in place.