Gone are the days that hair bows are just for little babies and young girls. Women can wear bows to accessorize any outfit! Hair bows great for work, night life, or even with just jeans and a t-shirt. When making hair bows for women I prefer using crafting materials like sheer ribbon and yarn. The yarn and sheer ribbon add a touch of elegance and maturity.
1. Begin by gathering your materials. You will need a Mini Bowdabra, Bowdabra Hair Bow Tool and Ruler, and Bowdabra Bow Wire.
2. Place the Bowdabra ® Hair Bow Tool and Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra, leaving a space at the bottom for the Mini Bowdabra tower to move. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
3. Cut eight strands of sheer ribbon 6” long. Fray the ends of the ribbon for a fun effect. Fold the ribbon in half to find the center. Make a crease at the center point. Place the ribbon at the crease mark down into the center of the Mini Bowdabra.
4. To make a 4” wide Twisted bow with tails underneath the loops cut the ribbon 24” long. Seal the ends with clear nail polish. Fold the ribbon in half to find the center. Make a crease at the center point. Place the ribbon at the crease mark down into the center of the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Grab the very end of one side of the ribbon and form a 2” tail. Fold the end piece right side down into the center of the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Grab the end of the other side of the ribbon form a 2” tail. Fold over the first ribbon loop and right side down into the center of the Mini Bowdabra. The two ribbons will form an X on the top of the Mini Bowdabra towers.
7. Using the Hair Bow Tool and Ruler as your guide position all four loops evenly and symmetrically. Start with the bottom loop, twist, and then make a crease in the center and press into the Mini Bowdabra. Next, take the top loop, twist the opposite direction, and make a crease in the center of it press into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Place the end of purple fluffy fiber into the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Form 1.5 loops with the fluffy fiber on each side. Scrunch down with Mini Bowdabra Wand.
10. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
11. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
12. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
13. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire tie the bow to a french clip. Trim away excess wire.
14. Fluff bow and wear with your favorite outfit!