Design a stacked boutique bow using the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler and Mini Bowdabra. The ruler comes with an interactive CD with instructions for making 70 different bows. Use the CD to make several boutique bows stacked on top of each and finish with a woven ribbon patchwork center.
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow wire fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Next, cut 22″ of 7/8″ grosgrain ribbon. Dovetail the ends and seal with either a lighter or clear nail polish to keep the ribbon from fraying.
3. Next, follow the instructions on the interactive Hair Bow Making CD to create a 4″ boutique bow with tails.
4. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
5. Next, cut several 3/8″ ribbon sprays 5″ long. Dovetail and seal the ends and then place them into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Next, create another 4″ boutique bow with tails. Use the interactive CD to design the bow. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
7. Cut 14″ of 7/8″ wide grosgrain ribbon. Follow the interactive CD for creating a 3″ wide Boutique Bow. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
10. Line a double prong alligator clip with 3/8″ grosgrain ribbon.
11. Using the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire tie the alligator clip to the back of bow. Trim away excess wire.
12. Turn the bow around and fluff it.
13. Hot glue the patchwork center to the hair bow. Your hair bow is complete. To view the woven ribbon patchwork tutorial click here.
For more about the designer of this bow click here…