Watermelon crafts are fun for kids of all ages. The watermelon design is bright, colorful, and screams summertime! Here are some simple kids craft ideas for summer crafting fun.
1 “page” Black Sparkle Foamie
1 “page” Pink Sparkle Foamie
1 Green Sun Visor
1. Begin by gathering all your materials.
2. Place the visor on top of a piece of pink sparkle foamie. Trace the edges of the visor and the inside curve of the visor. Cut the foam about an inch in from the trace line. Glue dot it onto the plastic visor.
3. Using scissors cut out black watermelon seed shapes. Glue dot the seed shapes onto the pink foam. The sun visor is complete.
Green Duct Tape
Pink Duct Tape
Black Permanent Marker
1. Begin by cutting Sunday’s newspaper or several days of newspaper into a watermelon slice shape. Leave the fold of the paper as the straight edge.
2. Starting in the center begin to place strips of duct tape onto the sit-upon. Cut large strips of duct tape and then slowly press them down onto the newspaper. Turn newspaper over and press on the other side, as well.
3. Cut smaller strips of green duct tape and line the edges of the sit-upon. Fold the duct tape over and place on the underneath, as well.
4. Finish covering the entire sit-upon. Both sides of the sit-upon should be covered in green duct tape.
5. Next, using a permanent marker draw the outline for the pink watermelon center.
6. Begin to place strips of pink duct tape onto the sit-upon. Press the tape down in the center but leave the edges loose. Using the black line as your guide cut the strips at an angle and then press down.
7. Cover the entire center in pink duct tape. The last piece of duct tape will be curved along the bottom. Use the line as your cutting guide.
8. Using a permanent black marker draw seeds onto the watermelon sit-upon.